Larrys Family


From Colorado on Turkey Day!
2 Responses
  1. Kay Says:

    Very nice picture. Isn't that Marcia in the shot? Didn't know they spent the holidays together!


  2. Marcia Says:

    Yep Kay it was at my house this year, Christmas will be at Ryan's. We've done holidays for years that way, everyone is welcome....think of all the ex'es that includes:)
    We have a "wall of shame" as the kids refer to, once a picture goes up it stays forever no matter who is in it.

    Funny story, late 80's I had to work Christmas Eve. Larry was in Iowa with the kids since I had no senority I had to work all week long. I felt sorry for the people working late that night so I told a FEW people to stop over if they really had no place to go after work and never gave it another thought. Next thing I know someone mentioned it when they phoned in the business totals(phoned in is the key words, before computers) they called 3 other stores and invited their closing teams.... I had 30 plus show up that night and of course working in a grocery store they all brought food and somewhere they found a liquor stores open too. We ended the night caroling one of best best memories I have. Hey if you can't be with family make up for it with friends.
    And out of that night I've kept in touch with most of those people all these years later and working at dozens of different locations since. Oddly enough I spent my one and only Christmas day eating dinner in a nice resturant that same year with other people I met that night before who had no families or places to go and I was surpised the place was packed! I never imagined not being with your family on Christmas day let alone going out to eat but it put the holiday in a whole new light after seeing it for myself how many people can't get home.
    We've had an open door policy in this house and many great celebrations since.I wouldn't have it any other way and I think my children have witnessed the benefits and too have learned to open their hearts to everyone.
    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving